The ProFX22 is the clear solution for any medium/large venue that needs great sound, but doesn’t have the budget or space for tons of outboard gear. To lose the rack, tools like compression and graphic EQ are crucial. The ProFX22 has everything needed to make your gig sound great and all the necessary channels to rock a large band. Plus, USB I/O lets you record the show or stream music straight from a laptop. The “Pro” in ProFX stands for Pro. Professional tools, rugged build quality, space-saving footprint…everything you need.
The ProFX22 is loaded with 16 Mackie low-noise mic preamps, 3-band EQ, integrated “Gig-Ready” effects, precision 7-band GEQ and more. It has all the right tools, each and everyone designed to sound great. Plus, everything is housed in an ultra-tough enclosure with additional impact-resistant sidecheeks, protecting your investment from the rigors of the road.
Live Sound Toolbox
Let’s face it. Audio gear is heavy. Getting a fully-loaded rack in and out of a van is not only arduous, it downright hurts. And it’s likely that you drag around a ton of gear that rarely, if ever, gets used. For most gigs, you just want it to sound good, but get done as easily as possible. Enter Mackie’s ProFX Series, delivering a live sound toolbox that does just that. High-headroom mic preamps, great-sounding effects, smooth compression, flexible channel EQ, a built-in DI, plus precision GEQ to tune-up the room or monitor mix. Sounds good, right? Leave that extraneous gear at home. The ProFX22 comes with all these features – it is truly the perfect live sound toolbox.
“Gig-Ready” RMFX™ Effects
The all-new RMFX™ (Running Man FX) 32-bit effects processor brings “Gig-Ready,” useable effects to your mixes. Why scroll through hundreds of bizarre effects, like “ghost ambience?” Yeah, like anyone even knows what that means. Or how about winners like “delay+phaser2,” — which you’ll never use in a million years. Those other mixers will leave your fingers raw from all the scrolling you have to do. The RMFX™ processor features 16 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with a mix of warm and bright characteristics puts your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Basically, we’ve delivered the choicest parts of a full rack of gear, right at your fingertips, that is easy to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig. Really, really good.
Smooth, Simple Compression
Compressors are a critical tool for both live sound and recording. The ProFX22 features four dedicated in-line compressors, delivering simple, sweet dynamic control with the single twist of a knob. Use the compressors on channels 11-14 for vocals, bass or anything that’s dynamic and needs to sit a little better in the mix. Finally, you can stop obsessing about the vocal level and riding the fader like it’s going out of style.
Record and Stream via USB
With all the right tools for the job, the ProFX22 allows you to create memorable mixes, but even with all those features, portability is paramount and you can’t be burdened with lugging around additional equipment. No worries, integrated USB I/O takes the pain out of recording. Just connect the ProFX22 to a laptop, start up your included copy of Tracktion™ 3 Music Production Software (or almost any DAW software out there) and you can record the whole mix. You can even stream music from your laptop during breaks. Once you get home, record more tracks or use the ProFX22 to playback some tunes during your next party. Unless you’re anti-social, don’t have the right kind of place for a party or are just sick of buying food and beverages for everyone. In that case, you can play back whatever talk-radio show you listen to when alone.
And with a push of a button, you can route your USB return through channels 21/22, allowing you to apply some EQ or easily integrate performance software into the set. Just stream the output of your performance software into the ProFX22. Combine that signal with anything plugged into the mixer, and send the whole thing back to the computer for recording. Archiving your integrated live performances has never been easier!
Legendary Mackie Durability
Mackie is known for building mixers that are “Built-Like-A-Tank” and the ProFX22 is no exception. All of its tender bits are securely encased in a solid steel chassis. Not only that, the impact-resistant sidecheeks are made of ultra-tough ABS, adding extra protection where it is most likely to fall…not that you drop things.
The ProFX Series Compact Effects Mixers strike the perfect balance. They offer all the right tools to get the job done well, sport the popular compact footprint that Mackie is known for, and are also the most budget-friendly of all the Mackie sound reinforcement mixers. Our competition either doesn’t have the expansive feature set of the ProFX Series, or they simply will not survive the test of time. You are investing in your mixer and the ProFX will be there for you at every gig, ready to roll.
- Professional 22-channel 4-bus mixer with onboard effects and USB I/O
- 16 low-noise, high-headroom Mackie mic preamps with +50dB gain range
- Dedicated inline compression for critical inputs (ch. 11-14)
- 32-bit RMFX™ processor with 16 “Gig-Ready” reverbs, choruses and delays
- Precision 7-band graphic EQ for tuning mains and monitors
- USB I/O for recording shows and music playback via Mac or PC
- Stream subgroups 1-2 or main L/R to your computer for recording
- Stereo USB/tape I/O with input level control to main
- Convenient USB return to stereo channel for implementation of EQ, auxes and more
- 3-band EQ with sweepable midrange on mono channels
- 22 high-headroom line inputs (14 mono, 4 stereo)
- Individual channel mute switches and overload (OL) indicators
- 18dB/octave 100Hz low cut filters on all mic channels
- Inserts on mono mic/line channels (ch. 1-10) for connecting outboard processors
- 60mm faders for input channels, subgroups and mains
- 48V phantom power with LED for use with condenser mics
- FX mute button also controllable via footswitch
- Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
- Control room / headphone outputs with rotary level control
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced ¼-inch main outputs
- Rugged steel chassis
- Switching multi-voltage power supply for worldwide use
- Includes Tracktion 3™ Music Production Software for Mac or PC